Alison Jacques seeks an Executive Assistant.
Candidates should be personable, professional and proactive, adept at multitasking within a fast-paced environment, and have strong verbal and written communication skills. They should be motivated and enthusiastic about working in a preeminent gallery at a senior level.
The Executive Assistant will coordinate all aspects of the Owner’s daily activities and partner with staff on administration. Candidates must be detail-oriented, equipped to manage a high volume of responsibilities and capable of working well with staff, colleagues and clients.
A minimum of two years’ experience as an Executive Assistant is essential. Previous experience at a commercial gallery or comparable organization is preferred.
Please send a CV and one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Executive Assistant’ by 12th April. Due to a large number of applications, unsuccesful applicants will not be contacted.
Full-time (position will require working at events and openings, as well as occasional Saturdays)
Salary: Dependent on experience (includes pension and bonus scheme)
Deadline: 12 April
Start date: 26 April
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and organize Owner’s schedule and issue daily reminders
- Coordinate travel, managing itineraries, follow-ups and appointments throughout
- Prepare all correspondence on behalf of Owner, including communication to staff, clients, artists and museums
- Manage calls and emails to Owner
- Maintain organization of Owner’s office and files
- Assist Owner in coordinating and monitoring offers, working with colleagues to organise shipping and documentation
- Research market prices
- Liaise with Sales Team to monitor client interest
- Maintain database records
- Greet clients in gallery and coordinate meetings
- Arrange viewings and ensure art handling is finalized
- Coordinate gallery and home events
- BA Degree essential
- Two years’ experience in a gallery or auction house
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with clients, gallery representatives, curators and other professionals
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Extremely detail-oriented with excellent proofreading skills
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to work long hours when necessary, with flexibility to provide support after business hours